By Dr. Mark Hyman, M.D.
(partial reprint from DrHyman.com)
YOUR DOCTORS THINK they make decisions based on medical evidence. But they don’t! In fact, half of medical evidence is hidden from your doctors. And the half that’s hidden is the half that shows drugs don’t work. Continue reading “The Dangers of the Medical Industrial Complex”
By David Gutierrez, staff writer
Reprint from Natural News
In a response to a lawsuit filed by the Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund (FTCLDF), the FDA has articulated its belief that there is no such thing as a right to health or to purchase or consume any given food.
The FTCLDF has sued the FDA for banning the interstate shipment or sale of raw milk products, alleging that the policy deprives consumers and a food buying group owner “of their fundamental and inalienable rights of (a) traveling across State lines with raw dairy products legally obtained and possessed; (b) providing for the care and well being of themselves and their families, including their children; and (c) producing, obtaining and consuming the foods of choice for themselves and their families, including their children.”
In a legal response, the FDA countered that “there is no ‘deeply rooted’ historical tradition of unfettered access to food of all kinds.” As evidence for this position, the agency cites “the dietary laws of biblical times.”
The FDA goes further, stating that “there is no absolute right to consume or feed children any particular kind of food [because] comprehensive federal regulation of the food supply has been in effect at least since Congress enacted the Pure Food and Drugs Act of 1906. … Thus, plaintiffs’ claim to a fundamental privacy interest in obtaining ‘foods of their own choice’ for themselves and their families is without merit.”
In other words, the agency has stated that because Congress has given FDA the authority to regulate food, there is no such thing as a right to acquire any given food.
Furthermore, the FDA says, “there is no generalized right to bodily and physical health.”
“Finally, even if such a right did exist, it would not render FDA’s regulations unconstitutional because prohibiting the interstate sale and distribution of unpasteurized milk promotes ‘bodily and physical health.'”
by Brandon Turbeville
Farm Wars: I have written several articles dealing with the risk assessment methods used by Codex Alimentarius (definition) in order to water down the levels of nutrition available in vitamin and mineral supplements, as well as the potential removal of many supplements from the market entirely. Continue reading “Codex Alimentarius and Food Irradiation in the U.S.”
Despite FDA attempts to prohibit the use of dietary supplements for the treatment and prevention of disease and FTC censorship of health information regarding the successes attained with dietary supplements, the pharmaceutical industry is set to lose $50 billion in the coming year alone. There are several reasons behind this loss, including the fact that the blush is off the Big Pharma rose for consumers: they want something better. Continue reading “FDA and FTC Censorship Fails to Prop Up Collapsing Pharmaceutical Industry”
Reprint from NaturalNews:
The US Department of Agriculture is once again deliberately shirking its responsibility to properly oversee the integrity of the certified organic program. After admitting in a recent letter that a synthetic omega-3 fatty acid additive produced by Martek Biosciences Corporation is not legitimately organic, the USDA also said in the same letter that it does not plan to take any enforcement action against companies that use it in certified organic products. The Cornucopia Institute (CI), a leading organic industry watchdog, continues to call the USDA out on the matter, exposing the fact that the additive not only has a questionable safety record, but also does not belong in any organic product until properly approved. Continue reading “USDA refuses to enforce organic standards, allows questionable omega-3s in Horizon organic milk”
Reprint from NaturalNews
Artificially induced fever has been successfully used for the treatment of cancer, especially in Germany. One must first understand the importance of fever for healing. Fever is not a symptom that we must eliminate with toxic pharmaceuticals as prescribed by mainstream medicine. Fever is nature’s way of healing and eliminating pathogens. (Natural News “Do Not Kill a Fever; Fever Kills Viruses” source below). Continue reading “How Fever Can Cure Cancer”
I was watching a webinar last week that featured two M.D.s who specialize in alternative and complementary medicine. Both are renowned for their alternative cancer treatments. One doctor commented that they are considered extremists because of their methods. With diet, natural supplements, and reduction of exposure to toxins at the heart of their treatment recommendations, it’s difficult to imagine something more traditional. Will FTC censorship and the FDA put an end to traditional prevention and treatment of disease?
- Food grown organically – without pesticides, herbicides, chemical fertilizers and other poisons
- Nutritional supplementation and herbs from natural sources – not the chemical counterparts made in labs, unnatural to the human body and impossible to metabolize
- Clean water, free of the chemical waste polluting our water supply and the toxic chemicals used to ‘make it safe’
- Animals raised in a natural habitat on their natural foods, not in a cage little bigger than they are or cramped tight with thousands of other animals being fed food that doesn’t provide the nourishment they need and drugs that make them toxic to humans
- Clean air – especially indoors, which can be 10 times more polluted than outdoor air, and is relatively easy to control
That doesn’t sound extremist to me. It’s how we live naturally – before Greed’s attempt to improve on Mother Nature.
Okay, I admit it’s not all Greed. Some progress has been very well intended and, in fact, makes our lives better.
But things have been taken too far: It’s now well known to anyone who cares to look at the data that our bodies are being poisoned by the chemicals in the food we eat, the water we drink and the air we breathe. In many cases, Greed is definitely the culprit. Why else would a company make it their business to manufacture and then (successfully) convince people that a box of nutrient-stripped, chemical-laden powder, on supermarket shelves in full view of fresh fruits and vegetables, should actually be considered food. Come on!
Now that’s extremist!!
Our bodies slave trying to eliminate this junk, the toxins we eat, drink and breathe, but, eventually, the burden becomes too much, the body can no longer get rid of them, and they start damaging our DNA, disrupting our hormones, inflaming our tissues, and turning our genes on or off – altering our basic make-up and making us sick.
In fact, many experts believe that describes the exact process causing the alarming incidence of degenerative disease.
Let’s have a look at cancer as an example.
The President’s Cancer Panel – a group that reports directly to the President, formed by an act of Congress in 1971 to monitor the multi-billion-dollar National Cancer Program – meets every year to analyze and evaluate the current cancer situation.
Here is what the Panel said to the President in the cover letter that accompanied its latest report:
“The true burden of environmentally induced cancers has been grossly underestimated. The grievous harm from this group of carcinogens has not been addressed adequately by the National Cancer Program. The American people – even before they are born – are bombarded continually with myriad combinations of these dangerous exposures.”
The panel went on to advise President Obama
“to use the power of your office to remove the carcinogens and other toxins from our food, water, and air that needlessly increase health care costs, cripple our nation’s productivity, and devastate American lives.”
That wasn’t written by ‘extremists’: The panel members are Dr. LaSalle D. Lefall, Jr., a professor of surgery at Howard University and Margaret Kripke, a professor at University of Texas’ M.D. Anderson Cancer Center. And in addition to other research for their report, they interviewed 50 medical experts. The establishment.
Here’s what the Panel came up with to help you be proactive in preventing cancer, things you can do right now:
- Filter tapwater.
- Store and carry water in stainless steel, glass or BPA- and phthalates-free containers to reduce exposure to endrocrine-disrupting and other chemicals that may leach into water from plastics.
- Microwave food and beverages in ceramic or glass containers.
- Decrease exposure to pesticides by choosing, to the extent possible, food grown without pesticides or chemical fertilizers and washing conventionally grown produce to remove residues.
- Minimize exposure to antibiotics, growth hormones, and toxic run-off from livestock feed lots by eating free-range meat without these medications if possible.
- Avoid or minimize consumption of processed, charred, and well-done meats to reduce exposure to carcinogenic amines and polyaromatic hydrocarbons.
- Consult information sources like the Household Products Database to help make informed decisions about the products we use.
- Choose products made with non-toxic substances or environmentally safe chemicals.
- Properly dispose of pharmaceuticals, household chemicals, paints and other materials to minimize drinking water and soil contamination.
- Reduce the use of, or stop altogether, landscaping pesticides and fertilizers to prevent these chemicals from contaminating drinking water supplies.
- Turn off lights and electrical devices when not in use to reduce exposure to petroleum combustion by-products by reducing the need for electricity, which is usually produced with the use of fossil fuels.
- Drive a fuel-efficient car, ride a bike, walk, or take public transport to reduce toxic auto exhaust in the air you, and others, breathe.
- Reduce or eliminate exposure to second-hand tobacco smoke.
As a special note about children, the President’s Cancer Panel said:
“It is vitally important to recognize that children are far more susceptible to damage from environmental carcinogens and endocrine-disrupting compounds than adults. To the extent possible, parents and child care providers should choose foods, house and garden products, play spaces, toys, medicines, and medical tests that will minimize children’s’ exposure to toxics. Ideally, both mothers and fathers should avoid exposure to endocrine-disrupting chemicals and known or suspected-carcinogens prior to a child’s conception and throughout pregnancy and early life, when risk of damage is greatest.”
Has anyone paid attention to these recommendations? Not really.
- The update of the Toxic Substances Control Act was shot down in Congress just a couple of months ago. Nothing’s changed with that law since it was enacted in 1976, despite the fact that of the more than 80,000 new chemicals now being used, many of them every day by just about everyone, only 200 have been safety tested and only 4 have been the subject of regulation. Getting regulations passed on chemicals is so difficult they haven’t even managed to ban asbestos!
- The FDA is cracking down on small and organic farmers while putting a Monsanto man in charge of food safety. ROFL was invented for that one.
- FTC censorship is endeavoring to stop anyone from saying that anything that isn’t a drug or approved by the FDA can do anything for your health. In the meantime, the process of getting FDA approval is so expensive that only the richest industries in the world like Big Pharma, which has had a hand in the corruption of the FDA anyway, can afford it.
So, for those of you who want to live more naturally and safely and possibly avoid cancer – and remember, the President’s Cancer Panel said that first – take the steps outlined by the President’s Cancer Panel regarding chemicals and, to create an even bigger affect and maybe even put an end to all this, follow the President’s Cancer Panel’s final recommendation:
“Each person can become an active voice in his or her community. To a greater extent than many realize, individuals have the power to affect public policy by letting policymakers know that they strongly support environmental cancer research and measures that will reduce or remove from the environment toxics that are known or suspected carcinogens or endocrine-disrupting chemicals. Individuals also can influence industry by selecting non-toxic products and, where these do not exist, communicating with manufacturers and trade organizations about their desire for safer products.”
Go ahead. Be extreme. Eat some organic broccoli, roast some grass-fed beef or a chicken that lived on the range, get fresh milk from your neighbor, take some vitamins, minerals and herbs to help lower your blood sugar or cholesterol, reduce your risk of heart disease, eliminate your menstrual cramps, shrink your prostate, lose weight or prevent cancer. Then get really brave and tell someone you feel better and no longer have the same health problems. Wow – you have just joined the ranks of hardened criminals. How does it feel?
Creative Commons Attribution: Permission is granted to repost this article in its entirety with credit to Wellness Truth Network and a clickable link back to this page.
From Buzzle.com – By Alex Mandosa – Published: 3/12/2011
Natural arthritis treatment is a treatment that generally recommended when a patient wants to avoid the side effects of prescription arthritis drugs. This alternative approach is safer than the drugs and it can be just as effective as them. However, it can’t work by itself. There are other factors that also essential to do in order to get a faster and lasting arthritis relief.
Arthritis is actually known as joint inflammation. This inflammation is the one that leads to swelling, pain, stiffness and limiting our movement. When the condition is chronic, it can damage the cartilage and increase pain even further. That’s why, this aspect should be addressed well in natural arthritis treatment if you want to improve your condition.
Press release: organicvalley.coop ) We stand united in opposition to the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) decision to once again allow unlimited, nationwide commercial planting of Monsanto’s genetically engineered (GE) Roundup Ready alfalfa, despite the many risks to organic and conventional farmers. Continue reading “WE STAND UNITED IN OPPOSITION TO GE ALFALFA”